Sunday, October 19, 2008

La, La, la.....Music to my ears!


One of the greatest joys of using cochlear implants is music. For 20 years I lost my love for music. It became loud boring noise. Over the past year, I have gone through two ipods, a classic and an Itouch. I am in love with my itouch. I watch videos(wish they were captioned), watch the podcast, keep time at the Y, and listen to my 88 sounds. Oh, I can't wait to get my new itune card to download more sounds. Here is my top 5 of the last few months. I also welcome any suggestions to new songs.

I pick songs that speak to me, for example, bring up a past memory or have a beat that catches my attention.
5. Heaven by Bryan Adams
the YouTube videos were removed, so sorry. There is nothing like the video. Bryan Adams.....where is he? I miss his music.

4. Last Dance by Donna Summers
Jenna's dance company used this song for their ending number at their recital in May. I could not get the song out of my mind. It has a kicking beat...long live disco.

3. In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins
I remember this video from the tv show "Miami Vice." I challenge you to watch the youtube and figure out what comes at the end of each line. It too me awhile to get the two words. That drum beat in the middle just gets me each time. I act it out on my stearing wheel everytime.

2. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
In the video, she is easy to read her lips. I love any song that just makes my heart fall in love.

1. Viva la Vida by Coldplay
My new favorite. Some song, it has it all. The beat the words and the music..... A group at Jenna's dance is using this song for dance competition. I heard the beginning and just had to have it. The lyrics are interesting. I still have a hard time getting all the words. Just the beginning sells me.

Music is a joy. I can't get over the differences between hearing aids and cochlear implants with music. When I was listening to music growing up, I always felt as if I was missing something. It turns out I was, the different pitches and the high tones. Music never sounded so good.


***I want to say happy birthday to my first high school boyfriend, John. John just had his birthday on Saturday. True friendships know no communication barriers or distance barriers. He has been my greatest friend since I was in 7th grade(I'm old). I want him to know how important his friendship over the years has been and how much I cherish it. **smack, your birthday kiss****

5 comments:

David said...

Heartwarming and exciting so say teh least. Bryan Adams is a huge favorite of mine. Not because we are both Canadian, and both around the same age, but being Canadian, and having Canadian content rule on the radio, they had to play at least 60% Canadian singer/songwriters by law. So Bryan broke into the airwaves and our hearts because of our protectionism. We are better for it.
Since his new album a few months ago (11), he has been on a an 11 country 11 month, world tour. It is a great album, one of his best I think.
Do you have it?

David

Valerie said...

I don't but I will get it. I can't wait to get it.

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

excellent song choices there! :) u might like bryan adams's everything i do i do it for u? or anyy bon jovi song! hes quite easy on the ears lol james blunt too!

Valerie said...

Laura,
I will try them. I love a good love song. Bon Jovi with that 80's Jersey hair, Oh my....I'm in love.

Abbie said...

LOL @ Mullets ROCK! I have issues with mullets. This insane urge to chop it off issue :)